Occupations - More Info
Title: Materials Engineer
Definition: Materials engineering programs combine significant components of chemistry, physics, and engineering with emphases on structural materials, electronic materials, bio and nanomaterials. Materials engineers typically work in development of solid phase processes.
Definition (More Info):
Education Program: Undergraduate program
• Dalhousie University
First Credential: Bachelors degree
• Canada (Sept 2015): Low=$45,227. Median=$67,155.
Salary (More Info):
• PayScale: Materials Engineer
Materials science, Chemical engineer, Metallurgical engineer, Manufacturing engineer, Biomedical engineer, Aerospace engineer
• Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy & Petroleum (CIM)
• American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM) International
• American Society for Metals (ASM) International
• Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS)