Occupations - More Info
Title: Metallurgical Engineer
Definition: Metallurgical engineers study the properties and characteristics of metal and non-metallic materials and plan, design and develop machinery and processes to concentrate, extract, refine and process metals, alloys and other materials such as ceramics, semiconductors and composite materials.
Definition (More Info):
Education Program: Undergraduate programs
• Dalhousie University
First Credential: Bachelors degree, usually in Materials Engineering
• PEGNL Mean Salary (2015): Mining/Metallurgical = $130,208.
• PayScale Canada (Sept 2015): Low=$51,289. Median=$70,995.
Salary (More Info):
• PEGNL: Engineers Canada 2015 Salary Survey, Atlantic Region
• Payscale: Metallurgical Engineer
Materials engineer, Mining engineer, Manufacturing engineer, Production engineer
• Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy & Petroleum (CIM)
• American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, & Petroleum Engineers
• Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS)
• American Society for Metals (ASM) International