Occupations - More Info
Title: Mining Engineer
Definition: Mining engineers plan, design, organize and supervise the development of mines, mine facilities, systems and equipment; and prepare and supervise the extraction of metallic or non-metallic minerals and ores from underground or surface mines.
Definition (More Info):
Education Program: Undergraduate program in Mining engineering is not available in Atlantic Canada.
First Credential: Bachelors degree
• PEGNL Mean Salary (2015): Mining/Metallurgical = $130,208.
• PayScale Canada (Sept 2015): Entry low=$53,323. Entry median=$72,961
Salary (More Info):
• PEGNL: Engineers Canada 2015 Salary Survey, Atlantic Region
• Payscale: Mining Engineer
Related Specialties: Mineral engineer, Geological engineer, Metallurgical engineer, Material engineer, Petroleum engineer
• Mining Association of Canada
• Canadian Association of Mining Equipment & Services for Export
• Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy & Petroleum (CIM)
• Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME)
• Mining Industry Human Resources Council
• Mining Career Quiz