Occupations - More Info
Title: Chemical Engineer
Definition: Chemical engineers apply chemistry to industrial processes, converting basic raw materials into a variety of products. They deal with the technology of large-scale chemical production and the manufacture of products through chemical processes. They are concerned with the design, operation, maintenance, and manufacture of the plant and machinery used in industrial chemical processes.
Definition (More Info):
Education Program: Undergraduate programs
• Dalhousie University
First Credential: Bachelors degree
• PEGNL Mean Salary (2015): Chemical = $132,708.
• PayScale Canada (Sept 2015): Entry low=$43,574. Entry median=$62,584.
Salary (More Info):
• PEGNL: Engineers Canada 2015 Salary Survey, Atlantic Region
• Payscale: Chemical Engineer
Process engineer, Petroleum Engineer, Reservoir Engineer
• Canadian Society for Chemical Engr (CSChE)
• Chemical Institute of Canada
• Society of Petroleum Engineers Canada
• Society of Petroleum Engineers (SSPE), MUN
• Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering