Occupations - More Info
Title: Civil Engineer
Definition: Civil engineers design, build and maintain roads, bridges, dams, and similar structures.
Definition (More Info):
• MUN video and overview
Education Program: Undergraduate programs
• Memorial University
• MUN VIdeo - Civil Engineering Seminar (February 2014)
• Dalhousie University
First Credential: Bachelors degree
Salary Range: PEGNL Mean Salary (2015): Civil = $111,301.
Canada (Aug 2015): Entry low=$43,982. Entry median=$57,152.
Salary (More Info):
• PEGNL: Engineers Canada 2015 Salary Survey, Atlantic Region
• PayScale: Civil Engineer
Architect, Structural engineer, Geotechnical engineer, Transportation engineer, Environmental engineer
• Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE)
• History and Status of Women in Civil Engineering Academia
• Julia Morgan - Chief Architect and Civil Engineer, her buildings withstood the 1906 earthquake.