Occupations - More Info
Title: Environmental Engineer
Definition: Environmental engineers use biology and chemistry to develop solutions to environmental problems. They are involved in water and air pollution control, recycling, waste disposal, and public health issues. Environmental engineers conduct hazardous-waste management studies, conduct research on proposed environmental projects, analyze scientific data, and perform quality control checks. They are concerned with local and worldwide environmental issues and help minimize the effects of acid rain, global warming, automobile emissions, and ozone depletion.
Definition (More Info):
• ECO Canada
Education Program: Undergraduate programs
First Credential: Bachelors degree
• PayScale Canada (Aug 2015): Entry low:$44,371. Entry median=$54,449.
Salary (More Info):
• PayScale: Environmental Engineer
Civil engineer, Process engineer, Chemical engineer
• Canadian Society of Civil Engineers
• American Academy of Environmental Engineers & Scientists
• American Academy of Environmental Engineers