Occupations - More Info
Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Definition: Heavy equipment operators operate heavy equipment used in the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, airports, gas and oil pipelines, tunnels, buildings and other structures, in surface mining and quarrying activities and in material handling work.
Definition (More Info): TradeSecrets AB; Careers in Construction
• Canadian Training Institute - Heavy Equipment Operator
• Central Training Academy – Heavy Equipment Operator
• College of the North Atlantic – Heavy Equipment Operator
• Keyin College - Heavy Equipment Operator
• Operating Engineers (OEC) - Heavy Equipment Program
First Credential: Certificate plus apprenticeship
Salary Range: PayScale (Canada) (Sept 2015): Entry Low: $33,477. Entry Median: $22/hr.
Salary (More Info): PayScale: Heavy Equipment Operator
Related Specialties: Back-Hoe Operator, Bulldozer Operator, Front-End Loader Operator, Grader Operator
Professional Associations: National Association of Heavy Equipment Training Services; Women of Influence; Women Building Futures; Office to Advance Women Apprentices; Canadian Construction Women
Other Resources: Gov of NFLD: Plan of Training; Red Seal